CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 2, 2008

I Love Indexing!!

I have been indexing whenever I have a few minutes and I really think it's fun. The other day I was indexing on the 1890 census from Illinois. I got a sheet with a head of house as a woman about 45 and then it listed about 10 white women between the ages of 18 and 24 as borders. I didn't really think anything about it until I moved over to see what their occupations were. I assumed they were students or something....they listed their occupations as....Whore. Crazy. I went a little further down the page and soon there was another head of house as a 50ish woman who was black and she had about 10-15 black young women who were borders. You guessed it they all had occupations as WHORES. They were just a few houses apart. I thought it was pretty crazy and I typed a bunch faster. I thought if anyone needed a little help getting their names and information ready to do temple work for them these ladies were it!! Very Interesting!!

No comments: